Thursday 28 August 2014

HOW TO DRESS FOR A JOB INTERVIEW - OUTFIT #1


I'm moving back to university in less than two weeks, and I've been applying online to several part time jobs in fashion retail. Some employers already got back to me asking me when I'm available for an interview. Reading the word 'interview' immediately triggered the big question 'What do I wear on my job interview?' So yeah if you're a university student, it's that time of the year again when you go through this exhausting job search process and I empathize with y'all. There is one thing that can make it fun: planning the outfits for the interviews! 


As you all know, in fashion retail, appearance is very important and in order to feel confident, you also need to look confident with a killer outfit. And YES, the right outfit WILL make the difference. I usually get really nervous during interviews and wearing something that makes me feel smart and audacious really helps. This Job Interview Outfit #1 is an elegant combo that will make you feel like a business woman. The white collared blouse is the 'Career Girl' element that you need, I then paired it with some high rise skinny black jeans from River Island (found them on sale for only £15!). I personally love these Vagabond shoes, as they were made for going to work in style! They look so professional but they also have all the latest trends features such as a chunky & cleated sole. When i'm in doubt, I always choose a monochrome simplistic outfit, as you can't go wrong (well you can, but try not to)! Don't go without any accessories but be also careful not to over-accessorize! Here it goes:






Collared Blouse: Marks&Spencer
High Rise Skinny Jeans: River Island
Chunky Shoes: Vagabond (Through Urban Outfitters)
Bag: Primark
Chunky Gold Belt: Versace
Midi Ring: New Look
Cat-Eye Sunnies: Ebay

Lots of love, Giulia xxx


9 comments:

  1. I think that's a great look for an interview :)

    www.londonmckenzie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit ! :)

    http://letmecrossover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! your blog is fab xx

      Delete
  3. Oh why, thank you Maggie! This shoes are so comfortable, I highly reccommend them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shirt - I love the pretty details. Thanks. X

    Sarah | M&B

    ReplyDelete