Tuesday 9 September 2014

DIY : The French Braid Pigtails


Every time I get ready for a night out, I swear I change my hairstyle at least ten times. Having long hair can be such a nightmare! My hair is annoyingly straight and I can never give it some texture without backcombing or using weird powders (they usually stink). 



The other day I was getting really frustrated as I really didn't fancy wearing my hair down all night - it seems like I can't go out once without getting mad at my own hair for constantly getting in my face - but also couldn't tie it back properly in a decent ponytail. So my little sister told me that she just watched some  very nice braiding tutorials on Youtube and offered to do my hair herself. I must admit I was quite surprised, she actually knew what she was doing! Here are some pictures of the result:





You can definitely tell this was our first attempt and my twelve years old sister is not a hairdresser, but I think these braids looked cute enough to go out with them. They were a bit loose, and I think this gave the hairstyle a bit of a boho touch. I loved the fact that I didn't have to worry about my hair, and I therefore skipped that drunk annoyed-at-my-hair phase as it stayed tidy and in its place for the whole night!
Another advantage of this hairstyle is that when I un-did it my hair actually had some natural looking waves, and had some texture. This is the only picture I had, hangover & without make up of course!

It's nice that for once I didn't have to use any products or damage my hair with heat. 
I highly reccommend french braid pigtails not only for a night out, but for an easy & quick daily fix!
If you have no clue how to braid, these are the tutorials me and my sister used and found extremely helpful, as they explain everything thoroughly & step by step.



Hope you found this post somewhat useful! What do you girls do to your hair on a night out? Do you get frustrated like me? (Please say you do)! What are your favourite hairstyles?

Lots of love, Giulia xxx






11 comments:

  1. I love how simple two braids are, and yet they leave such a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Great blog! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is so gorgeous! I can't wait to try it x

    Sunaina ❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, it'd look stunning on you xxx

      Delete
  4. definatley inspired me, i love your hair colour!
    http://mariamshah1999.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!., you have a new follower, i’m following you via bloglovin… Hope you can do the same :)
    New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cool! Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to try out this hairstyle.

    bethfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete