Thursday 4 September 2014

How to wear a catsuit : the edit - Style it for a night out & more


Catsuits can be real tricky, but if accessorized properly it can make a hell of an outfit. When I first saw it online I thought it was an incredibly edgy/sexy piece. The fact is, it's incredibly figure hugging and I asked myself if I would be brave enough to wear it, as it looked absolutely stunning on the Hot!mess model Floss, but would the effect be the same on a mere mortal like me?




Well, as that Instagram-famous quote says 'Nothing haunts us more than the things we didn't buy'; so I naturally had to make a purchase. During the shopping process, I accidentally ordered the smaller size instead of my usual one (I'm a size 10, therefore S/M) and I was very worried it wouldn't even fit me. The shipping was very efficient so my apprehension was soon enough cooled off by the prompt delivery. I immediately tried it on and it was magic! The fit was perfect. This catsuit is made of this very nice thick but stretchy disco material, that hugs your figure so nicely. If you're not very confident about your body shape, I would reccommend some figure shaping panties, as they actually do their job! You can find them in any underwear boutique or in Primark for a cheaper option.
Anyway, the long sleeved black catsuit is such a versatile number. You could wear it on its own if you feel brave enough, you could wear it with a maxi skirt, or with a cropped jumper. In this post I'll show you how well it pairs with a full lenght kimono. I was thinking earlier that I actually prefer full lenghts kimonos to the regular lenght ones, as they look so much classier and could really make the outfit stand out. I then added a dash of mint, with my Versace mini clutch. Couldn't resist wearing my goooooorgeous Public Desire total white cleated platforms.






Catsuit: Hot!MeSS Clothing
Maxi Kimono: Yamamay
Shoes: Public Desire
Mini Clutch: Versace - Find more colours Bubblegum pink, Khaki&Black or White&Neon Pink on my Depop @astradea
Ring: New Look

Lots of love, Giulia xxx

P.S. I'm sorry for looking like the statue of Christ the Redeemer in the 5th picture, it wasn't intentional! ha bye





12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit/post! Its true catsuits can go very wrong but you've definitely shown me how to make the most of them without feeling too exposed. Love it hun!

    kosa | Kosa's Kloset

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And that's so nice of you, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks immense! I'm never too happy to try different things but this looks so lovely! Might try it x

    www.lalalasunaina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's hard to experiment sometimes, but it's worth it! thank you hun xxxx

      Delete
  3. You look amazing. So chic and fashionable but effortlessly sexy. I think i may need to try this.

    Aimee ¦ www.aimeeleighmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aimee!! It would look lovely on you! xxx

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit :) You look great sweetie
    xx

    http://blonde-stuff.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it means a lot coming from you! thank you! xx

      Delete
  5. These shoes are amazing! I need them!
    http://georgiatoay.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, they are gorgeous ;) They're on sale on some websites now! xxx

      Delete
  6. i love this outfit - you look stunning! I seriously need those shoes in my life! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, too kind :) yes they make you feel like a diva! xx

      Delete